Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorative Backgrounds and your WOW chippies!

44Sometimes I like to really mess up my background cardstock, and sometimes and I like to leave them plain. Just a few different techniques I like to use are misting, masking, negative masking, stamping, inking, painting, scrunching, distressing with sandpaper….but the list is endless.

Here are a couple of Christmas layouts with different background techniques:

-this layouts I have used a Kaisercraft background stamp with ‘olive’ ink, and also used some corregated cardboard to create the cross-hatch markings

IMG_0885

-I have altered the Chipboard piece with white Mr Hueys’s mist, and some glitter paint

IMG_0883IMG_0884

-for this layouts I have used a pre-used mask moistened with a water spray bottle, and used the mask itself as a stamp. Gives a great grungy look

IMG_0880

-to alter this chipboard, I have used texta to colour the individual baubles and then sprayed over Mr Huey’s “Calico Shine” mist

IMG_0879

So why not be a bit daring with your flat cardstock and give it a bit of life. Play around, get creative and have fun…it’s only paper after all!

Merry Christmas and stay safe

Cheers Wendy x x x

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. these are gorgeous layouts. and thanks for sharing about your backgrounds.. there are so many wonderful things we can create, it really is up to our imagination!!

Chloe said...

Yep - I totally need to do this more (play around with my cardstock and get messy!!) ... yours look fabulous :-)